Kintra Fibers is a materials science company creating bio-synthetic resin and yarns for the fashion industry, with backing from the world’s leading brands.
We are a tight knit group of sustainably-minded individuals united by our mission to create a truly circular apparel industry through materials design.
We are seeking team members who are ready to chart new terrain and roll up their sleeves to build a new, nature-aligned fashion industry ecosystem.
We are seeking a highly motivated and organized Polymer Scientist to lead our new chemistry lab and contribute to the development of our innovative resins and yarns. As a Polymer Scientist, you will play a critical role in the development and implementation of a product-focused research plan that balances commercialization efforts with fundamental scientific understanding to generate valuable IP.
● Work closely with the CEO to lead the development and implementation of new chemistries to continuously enhance the Kintra resin formula for fiber and textile applications
● Develop and execute experiments to optimize polymer formulation, processing, and characterization for the creation of high-performance and sustainable fibers and yarns
● Work closely with cross-functional teams, including manufacturing, quality control, and supply chain, to ensure seamless product development and commercialization
● Evaluate resin, yarn, and textile performance data and drive the development of new product concepts and improve existing products
● Develop and implement a lab notebook system to track and document experimental protocols, results, and conclusions, ensuring that all work is properly recorded for IP protection
● Build out a new chemistry lab, including collaborating with teams for equipment procurement, layout design, and ensuring compliance with safety regulations and protocols
● Work closely with the CEO to develop and document intellectual property, including patent applications and trade secrets, to protect Kintra's proprietary technology and innovations
THE ROLE REQUIRES:
● PhD in Polymer Science, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, or Chemistry; experience in polymer compounding and extrusion, with a focus on fiber and yarn manufacturing, industry experience is a plus
● Or an MS in Polymer Science, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, or Chemistry; and at least 5 years of industry experience in polymer compounding and extrusion, with a focus on fiber and yarn manufacturing
● Strong scientific background in polymer science, polymer synthesis, and polymer characterization techniques
● Strong analytical skills, including the ability to design experiments, analyze data, and draw conclusions
● Strong organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
● Passion for sustainability and environmental responsibility, with a deep understanding of the challenges and opportunities in the industry
● A desire to work in a startup atmosphere, collaborating closely with a small team to achieve ambitious goals
This is a full-time position based at our Brooklyn, NY lab with a competitive benefits package offered.
To apply please submit a cover letter with a C.V. or resume to email@example.com with the subject “Polymer Scientist.”
Kintra Fibers, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected category in accordance with applicable Federal, State, and local laws.